Friday, February 24, 2006

Olympics-Ugly Americans

Like millions of Americans every four years I look forward to watching the Olympics and rooting for the great amature athletes who will partake in them. I have never supported the use of professional athletes and have take much pride in the fact that our amatures usually show very favorably against other nations pro's.

These Torino 2006 games have been very disappointing for me.
No not because we have not lived up to expectations, rather because of the attitudes and personalities of our(or atleast many) of our athletes.

Bode Miller leads the list of the 'usual suspects' but it does not end their...I wish it did.
Several of our younger, new sport, athletes used the opportunity to show off as it were and lost gold as a result---good for them.
Hendrick and his fued with another US Skater and then his cockiness which lost him the gold in the 10,000 was disgraceful.
The skating relay team and its fued was a mighty low point.

Our US hockey team only securing a tie with Latvia...yes latvia...about the size of NY CITY.

Our hopes have been dashed by attitudes which I can only describe as the poverty of affluance...don't get me wrong I was rooting for each and every one, but I am not surprised they lost...

what has been on display too much were the efforts of UGLY AMERICANs instead of hungry respectful and proud American's...let us hope our nezt foray into Olymipic endeavors will be a prideful one
God Bless the U...S...A!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home